Title: Community & Marketing Manager, projectY cowork Los Alamos
Who are we looking for?
We are seeking a Community & Marketing Manager for projectY cowork. The ideal candidate is a high-energy, personable individual who is a self-starter and great at multi-tasking. We’re looking for someone who can run the day-to-day operations of projectY, give tours, maintain the coworking space, interact with members to identify how we can make their work environment even better, market the space to prospective members, and do all of that with a positive, upbeat attitude!
This is a full-time position with some flexibility for daily life. This would generally be from 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. Monday-Friday, with a lunch break. However, you might be asked to work alternative hours when we have special events.
The Community & Marketing Manager will report to the Los Alamos Main Street Director, and be part of the Los Alamos Commerce & Development Corporation team.
- Manage day-to-day operations, including:
- Welcome visitors; promptly answer incoming calls and online queries from prospects
- Manage the process of signing up new members and facilitating their move-in
- Orient first-time members and short-term users
- Operate electronic membership, revenue, access control, Wi-Fi, and related systems
- Welcome potential new member drop-ins, provide tours, and talk about the benefits of coworking
- Initiate personal contact with members to learn their interests, skill-sets, and experience in order to connect them to other members/resources
- Evaluate and respond to all member issues and concerns with the highest level of customer service
- In conjunction with the Los Alamos Main Street Director, help plan workshops, social events, and presentations for members and the community; Coordinate and manage events, programs, and activities hosted at projectY
- Perform basic accounting tasks
- Make daily building rounds at opening and closing to ensure the facility/equipment is impeccable at all times - maintain the vibe, cleanliness and organization of the space
- Perform or arrange for repairs and maintenance as needed
- Receive/categorize mail/packages
- Order, replenish, and maintain inventory of consumables
- Assist with other administrative and property management roles as requested/needed, (and with support from the Los Alamos Main Street Director):
- Available to be “on-call” as the primary facility and business contact
- Address tenant concerns and serve as the go-to person for our members
- Be available to members and other users in-person, via phone and email
- Membership management, invoicing, and operations using our Nexudus system
- Contribute to social media, outreach, newsletters, as well as explore possible partnerships
- Design-needs for promoting projectY events and programming
- You are not just the Community & Marketing Manager, but someone who loves creating and maintaining a work space that encourages and fosters collaboration with others.
Our ideal candidate is an extrovert and hyper-networker who loves people and building relationships. The role is to manage, improve, and exploit relationships in the coworking space to keep a harmonious environment, create member-to-member and member-to-partner connections, and thus create a “stickiness factor” so members keep coming back.
Qualities we’re seeking:
- Personable, presentable and articulate
- Strong administration and organizational skills
- Great interpersonal skills; able to manage diverse personalities
- Any customer-facing experience in sales, hospitality, real estate, retail or a similar environment will be very helpful. Prior experience in coworking would be a huge plus!
- Effective project management skills
- Great copywriting skills
- Event planning experience (space set-up and tear down will occasionally be required, managing catering logistics and drinks, if needed, greeting attendees, testing and running AV set-up etc).
- Enough technical expertise to learn new techniques
- Computer proficient with Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Social Media, CRMs and website management
- Design skills a huge plus, such as working with Canva
You’re the heart of the community. You know everyone by name and greet and bid adieu with a positivity that gives every member a feeling of warmth and welcome. You are not just another piece of furniture at the front door. You are the motor that keeps the operation running. You’re checking in on everybody throughout the day (using your best judgment) and ensuring everyone’s needs are met. While we do have a cleaning service come in, you also maintain a tidy and neat environment that allows one to get business done (keeping track of supplies, vacuuming as needed, cleaning table tops, ensuring any refreshments and food is fresh, keeping all dishware clean). You ensure all technological devices are in working order, such as internet and printers. You’re assisting members with setting up presentations and coordinating events, as needed. You connect like-minded people and are also able to diffuse any contentions. You help keep our social media pages active and exciting. You give tours, help members sign up or move out, and follow up with prospective members.
This role is ideal for someone who can take direction but also takes initiative and thinks on his or her feet.
Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, business or other related field preferred.
401k and Cafeteria Plan
Paid time off
Health, Dental, Vison, Disability and Life Insurance
If interested, please submit your cover letter and resume to Lauren McDaniel at [email protected].