I always highly recommend getting professional hair and makeup for my female clients. If you need recommendations for a local stylist in town, prices tend to vary between $80 to $175. Photoshoot makeup is very different from what you wear everyday.
1. No lipstick, just lip gloss. Lipstick drys lips very quickly.
2. No contouring; contouring is awful for portrait photographs, you will look bruised.
3. No blushes, powders or anything on your face with golden/sun glow in name; those cosmetics have a pigment which will make you look orange. Stick to rose blush, if you use blush.
4. No eyeliner on the bottom of your eye, as you will end up looking like a raccoon. If you want to contour your eye on a bottom, please do it half way with mat brown eye-shadow. You eyes will look fresh and big.
5. No clumpy mascara. If you need to volumize your eyelashes apply a little mascara, then apply translucent powder, let it dry and apply another layer of mascara. Brush and repeat if needed.
6. Stick with mat eye shadow, as it is most flattering in photos.
7. When applying foundation make sure to do it with a brush/ sponge and all they way to your neck.
Please make sure there is no chipped nail polish.
If you have roots, take care of them before the shoot. It's always good to have a fresh color and cut for a session.
Clean-cut and shave is highly recommended.
Stick to solid colors (they are timeless) and more fitted clothing. Loose clothing will make you look bigger than you are.
For Company/Team Photos:
Gwaltney needs an understanding of the business needs before scheduling a company/team photoshoot. In general, for larger projects, she will schedule an individual consultation. She will need to know:
1. Number of employees to be photographed
2. If there is a specific backdrop color required for headshots
3. If the company needs lifestyle images (people working, interacting with clients etc.)
4. If there are any specific images (per industry) required for website and social media
The company should also keep in mind the following questions:
- Are you finished decorating your space?
- Are you set on your location (or maybe thinking about moving)?
- Did you communicate with your marketing/graphic design team on what they need for website and social media?
- Are there any changes coming up that would influence the library of images to become outdated fairly quickly?
*Price does not include tax.